What can you tell about a woman by looking at what she keeps on her nightstand? I tend to keep some of my daily and nightly staples with me bedside to jumpstart my routines in the morning and wind down in the evening. I don’t like it getting too crowded, so I keep the selection simple. Usually the products are either long time favorites, or new products I’ve been testing out that made the cut as something I want to use often. Check out the current state of my nightstand below.
1. SleepPhones // These are the coolest invention ever for people who like listening to music, or in my case ASMR, while falling asleep. Since normal headphones can be bulky and hurt the ears when lying on your side, SleepPhones solve the problem with a soft headband that have flat earphone speakers inside of them. You can lie in any position and they remain snug and comfortable to wear.
2. Paula’s Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm // I can’t fall asleep until I’ve applied something moisturizing to my lips. I also often wake up in the middle of the night with the urge to apply lip balm. This one from Paula’s Choice (which I’ve also used on my cuticles) has a really nice, light texture and lasts me longer throughout the night than others.
3. OGX Hydrate + Defrizz Kukui Oil // To prevent bad hair days, I’ve been spraying my hair with anti-frizz oil and throwing my hair in a loose topknot to sleep in. In the morning, I have much more manageable hair than sleeping with it down.
4. Farmhouse Fresh Whoopie Cream // This super indulgent shea butter body cream smells like sugary frosting and cookies and… well, I guess whoopie pies (if I pretend I’ve smelled a whoopie pie before). I use this as a hand cream morning and night—since the other thing I can’t stand more than anything else is dry hands! They also have a smaller tube version to throw in your purse.
5. Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Serum // Since the Whoopie Cream is so sweet, it can be a little overpowering if used on the whole body. That’s where my trusty Vaseline Healing Serum comes in. This stuff is no joke— it can turn flaky and dry into smooth and touchable skin! While it feels lightweight, the serum is extremely healing and hydrating, and the feeling lasts for days.
6. Jessica Simpson Signature Eau de Parfum // I’ve got a few spring scents on rotation this season, but I’m really feeling this one from Jessica Simpson. Not only is the bottle so feminine and gorgeous, but the scent is all sorts of pretty. It’s more of a warm floral fragrance with a hint of woodsiness that I love.
7. Own Reviving Eye Cream // I go through eye cream like crazy. My lids are really sensitive and can dry out at the first threat, so I make sure to really pack on the moisture at night. I’ve only just started using this one, but so far I like that it’s not too heavy and seems gentle.
8. The Body Shop Smoky Poppy Body Massage Oil // Massages are not an uncommon occurrence in my household. I’ve really enjoyed using this body massage oil from The Body Shop’s limited edition Smoky Poppy collection. It smells like a musky flower… although Adam swears it just smells like baby oil. Either way, it feels great on the skin.
9. Secret Clear Gel Outlast Deodorant // I’m actually sort of surprised that I don’t write about deodorant more, because I have some strong opinions on them. Secret Clear Gel tends to be the top contender for my favorites, since its formula is extremely effective, skin-friendly and long lasting. I prefer using Clear Gel as opposed to other sticks because ain’t nobody got time for white marks on clothes, let’s get real.
10. Fat Girl Walking by Brittany Gibbons // I just got this book in the mail and I’ve got it ready to read as soon as I finish finals. It’s written by the blogger behind the body positive fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog Brittany Herself. You might know her from stripping on stage at TedX or standing in Times Square in a bikini on TV, pleading women to love their bodies and find their confidence. I only just discovered her and I don’t know how I lived without her. In the book, she tells inspiring stories about her life and body image. I’m so excited to start it, and I’ll probably review it here as soon as I’m finished!