Seems like I only just unboxed the September box, and lo and behold the October 2015 Boxycharm is already here! This month’s theme is is Faces of the Moon, pretty appropriate since we recently had the blood moon. But this box is dedicated to letting you embrace who you are and letting all of your faces show.
As per usually, I was glad to open he box to four color cosmetics products and wasn’t surprised to find a skincare product with the start of fall— but at least one I can totally see myself using! Let’s take a closer look inside…
1. Palmetto Derma Rejuvenating Antioxidant Mask (Retail $64) Wow-o! This mask is worth three times the cost of the box, and I’m glad they went the face mask route in terms of skin care this month. This is a clay mask that cleanses pores and detoxes impurities, seriously what I need right now. It also helps reverse daily skin damage with antioxidants. I’m a face mask junkie during fall and winter so I am totally down with this.
2. Doucce Punk Volumizer Mascara (Retail $24)
Now this thing has funky packaging! This mascara has a super thick tube to house its XXL plush brush. Long and short bristles help separate and lengthen while the mousse formula adds supersized volume!
3. Lord & Berry Line/Shade Eyeliner (Retail $18)
Don’t be fooled by how basic this pencil looks. The kajal and kohl it’s made with packs it with rich pigmentation with the slightest stroke. You’ve got some time to blend it out if you’re going for a smoky look, and then it will set to a waterproof finish. It’s been used heavily ever since the box arrived for tightlining because it glides on and stays put. I’m only disappointed that it’s so short!
4. Bellapierre Cheek and Lip Stain (Retail $19.99)
I already have one of these from another subscription, but I’m not complaining because I really like it! I find it way more practical to use as a cream blush; I don’t really like applying something I dip my face brush into on my lips. I will take this time to note, though, that a lot of my box items were covered in some sort of black dust, and the cap on the stain wasn’t screwed all the way… so when I opened it, there was some black residue inside. 🙁
5. Cult Cosmetics Nail Polish (Retail $12)
Not to be confused with Cult Nails, CULT Cosmetics has an awesome range of shades in 5-free and vegan formulas. I got the shade “Boneyards,” which is this super chic deep gray that has fall written all over it. What shade did you get?
Another month, another great box from Boxycharm. You all know that I prefer not to receive skin care products, which are so personal, in sub boxes but I can see the mask working for everyone, especially me! The color cosmetics were also very seasonally appropriate, and they introduced me to new brands I hadn’t heard of before!
Boxycharm is $21 per month; check them out on their website.