Anybody else guilty of hoarding neutral and nude lipsticks? At first glance it may look like I own 10 of the same shade, but different undertones and finishes make them look completely different! Today, I’m sharing my fave neutral and nude drugstore lipsticks for medium skin tones, and I promise they’re all a little bit different from one another. 😉
You can also absolutely wear these if you have paler or deeper than medium skin as well, there are no rules here! I just find them particularly flattering and truly “nude” on mid-range skin tones.
This post was updated with 2023 recommendations, but the original image still circulates on social media. Scroll to the bottom if you’re looking for the shade names from the old version of this post.
1. L’Oreal Colour Riche Les Nus Intense Lipstick – Nu Determine
This warm nude glides on with a super creamy formula infused with Argan oil and vitamin E for comfortable wear. It’s not a super long wear formula, so you may need to reapply throughout the day. But you get one-stroke color and it feels pleasant on the lips with a shiny finish.
2. ColourPop Ultra Blotted Lip – Still an Icon
This is currently my go-to nude drugstore lipstick! I love wearing this pinky nude to add a rosy appearance to my overall look. The Ultra Blotted Lip formula mimics lipstick that’s already been blotted for a stained apperance. It’s medium coverage and very thin. I feel like the whipped texture also smooths out my lip lines, making my lips look fuller.
3. Milani Color Fetish Matte Lipstick – Pleasure
One of my favorite drugstore lipsticks and the brand’s best seller, this formula has a comfortable matte finish thanks to the hyaluronic acid in the formula. Pleasure is a great middle-of-the-road nude color that doesn’t lean too warm or cool. See more shades from this line in my review post here.
4. Moira Signature Lipstick – Peach Nude
If you value comfott and color equally, this is the choice for you. This pick feels like a lip balm but with the color payoff of a lipstick. The vegan squalane and mango butter give this a melty texture that moisturizes the lips as you wear it and gives a high shine finish. *Use code SLASHEDBEAUTY for 15% off!
5. e.l.f. O Face Satin Lipstick – No Doubt
This is one of e.l.f.’s most luxe products– and it’s only $9! Here’s a satin lipstick that gives you full coverage, long lasting color that’s comfortable. The brand describes it as a pinky nude but in my opinion, it’s more of a medium warm brown.
6. Revlon Colorstay Suede Ink Lipstick – Gut Instinct
Speaking of pinky nudes, this one is definitely for those who lean on the deeper spectrum of medium skin tones. Gut Instinct is a rose pink with a true matte finish. Don’t let that scare you off, though. The Suede Ink Formula is incredibly lightweight and flexible on the lips. See more shades from this collection in my review post here.
Looking for the shades from the original version of this post? Here you go! Some shades may have been discontinued or have limited availability.
1. NYX Lingerie Push Up Lipstick – Bedtime Flirt
2. Honest Beauty Liquid Lipstick – BFF
3. Milani Ludicrous Matte Lip Crayon – Can’t Even
4. wet n wild Megalast High Shine Lipstick – Clothes Off
5. Maybelline SuperStay Ink Crayon – Enjoy the View
6. L’Oreal Signature Rouge Matte Lip Stain – I Explore
7. Revlon Super Lustrous Glass Shine Lipstick – Rum Raisin
8. ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick – Beeper