Whenever someone asks me who my beauty idol is, I don’t ever have to think twice: Katy Perry, hands down. She may be the most memorable on the red carpet when she goes all out with bold and colorful makeup and hairstyles, but there’s no doubt about it that she can pull off a fresh and neutral face beautifully.
This year, the singer went for the latter and wore a simple— yet sophisticated— rosy look on the Golden Globes red carpet. Since her makeup artist, Todd Delano, used great finds from CoverGirl, it’s easy to grab the exact products she wore last night and recreate the look at home. Keep reading to learn how to master the look yourself!
Also Read: CoverGirl TruNaked Nudes Eye Palette Review
Get the look:
- Start by prepping the skin with the CoverGirl TruBlend Primer (Todd used the Combination Skin version for Katy). Then grab the Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation (Katy’s shade: Buff Beige) for luminous coverage that will last all night under flashing lights.
- Warm up your skin and create dimension with the TruBlend Bronzer in Medium, and add color to the cheeks with the TruBlend Blush in Medium Rose.
- The eyes are the stars of this look, and Todd began by blending the matte shades from the new TruNaked Nudes Eye Shadow Palette (which I reviewed here) all over the lid.
- Create a thick cat eye using the TruNaked Waterproof Eyeliner Duo in Mocha/Ebony, then further intensify the eyes with two coats of the new Plumpify Mascara by blastPRO. It lifts and separates the lashes for a defined and fanned out look.
- The finishing touch was a lip that matched her blush pink gown— Todd used Colorlicious OhSugar! in Sprinkle to pull the look together.
Perfect for work, school, or even a date night, this look is versatile, affordable and attainable.