I’m bored with my hair! I have very few go-to hairstyles and I’ve had an itch lately to wear new looks. With Valentine’s Day coming up, I thought I’d play around with an up-do that’s easy to do for dates, day or night.
This is a twist (pun intended) on a rolled bun that almost looks a little Victorian. The twists create a half crown that’s elegant and feminine. I would suggest using a texturizing spray prior to styling, and hair spray afterwards so that your twists stay tight and in place. Other than that, you only need bobby pins and a hair elastic to complete this look.
- Section your hair into two relatively equal sides.
- Start twisting one inch sections of hair over the next one inch section, moving away from the face.
- Once you get to the nape of your neck, tie the first section off while you twist the other side of your head. When you’ve twisted both sides, tie them together into a low ponytail.
- Create a gap above the hair elastic by tugging gently between both sections of hair.
- Feed your ponytail up, over, and through the gap you created.
- Pull your hair through the gap.
- Roll your ponytail up, tucking the ends in so they are hidden behind the twists. Pin as necessary.
- If necessary, spray untucked layers down so they conform to the roll.
Since my hair has been growing rather quickly, I’m able to do more with it than when I first got my chop. This is a fantastic updo for medium length hair, and can be pulled off for both casual and sophisticated events. Since Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday this year, I expect many of you are going to be spending the day celebrating– this style is great for going from day to night without much fuss.
What’s your go-to ‘do for date night?