A few weeks ago I got an influx of requests to create a wearable makeup look featuring black lipstick for fall. I think black lipstick is such a chic and daring choice that doesn’t have to be “halloweeny.” It definitely takes a little thought so that it reads like a normal look instead of a costume.
My favorite look to do when wearing black lipstick is a light and simple rose gold eye. I skip my usual dramatic liner because I really want to let my lipstick make the statement. At most, I’ll add some lashes to give my eyes a little lift. The face stays neutral with a light application of contour, highlight and blush. I also make sure I’m using a radiant foundation to keep the look fresh.
For this particular tutorial, I’m going to be using the Makeup Revolution Precision Brush collection, as this is a new brush shape that has become very popular recently and this is the first time I’m trying it!
Watch the tutorial and hear my thoughts on the new brushes in the video above.
- Makeup Revolution Precision Contour Set
- Makeup Revolution Precision Eye Set
- Make Up For Ever Hydrating Primer
- Sephora Bright Future Color Corrector
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation
- Chella Brow Cream
- e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
- CoverGirl truNaked Roses Palette
- mark. No Place to Run Eyeliner
- CoverGirl So Lashy! Mascara
- e.l.f. Lashes
- Ardell Duo Lash Glue
- City Color Cosmetics Contour Effects 2 Palette
- CoverGirl truBlend Blush in Medium Rose
- e.l.f. Studio Lip Lock Pencil
- CoverGirl Katy Kat Matte Lipstick in Perry Panther