Do you think you could narrow your makeup bag down to 10 items? The fact of the matter is, packing makeup for travel can be stressful. You’re trying to throw in anything you may be in the mood to wear, products that are easy to store, all without going overboard.
Instead of trying to stuff every go-to you can think of into your travel makeup bag, being thoughtful about picking products will allow you to seriously streamline. From double duty to compact and cute, these picks— which are carry-on friendly, too— will help you pack light while still traveling with everything you need for a full face.
Click the + icon to find the product online!
1. Maybelline FaceStudio Master Prime Blur + Illuminate Primer This primer cuts down on steps by including SPF to protect and prime your skin in one step.
2. Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation This foundation can double as a concealer because it’s packs a punch when it comes to coverage, and blends like a dream!
3. NYX Cosmetics Tinted Brow Mascara This brow mascara will not only groom your brows to keep them in place, but will add a natural shade to fill them in and add shape as well.
4. e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer This primer is my all time go-to, and affordable to replace in case you leave it behind by accident.
5. CoverGirl truNaked Nudes Eyeshadow Palette Not all neutral palettes are made equal! This is one of my favorite drugstore neutral eyeshadow palette, plus it’s very sleek and compact. The mix of mattes and shimmers give you options to mix and match for a ton of looks.
6. Rimmel Scandaleyes Gel Liner Gel eyeliner is more versatile than liquid or pencil alone, since you can get both a precise pointed wing or a smudged smoky eye depending on the look you’re feeling.
7. Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara Pack a mascara that can deliver natural looks as well as bring the drama. This one from Neutrogena is buildable and never flakes or clumps.
8. BH Cosmetics Forever Nude Sculpt & Glow Contouring Kit Another space-saving palette, you can finish off your face makeup with this one product. With contour, bronzer, blush and highlight shades all in one palette, it takes the juggling out of your routine.
9. e.l.f. Day to Night Lipstick Duos Bring two of these double-ended lipsticks and you’ll have four different shades to switch up your style! With a pigmented and long-lasting formula, these small but mighty lipstick duos are always with me while I travel.
10 . BH Cosmetics BH Chic 14-piece Brush Set with Cosmetic Case This stylish brush set has everything you need to complete your full makeup routine. They also come with a makeup bag, making them portable and easy to carry with you. And yes, a brush set counts as one item! 😉
Shop these must-haves to pack a light makeup bag for travel:
How far could you narrow down your travel makeup?