New York Fashion Week has begun, and I’m already loving what I’m seeing. Especially the nail looks, which have been playful and chic. The best part is that even with my tight schedule and impatience for nail art, I can get runway ready NYFW nails at home easily and on the cheap.
If you watched my vlog from the VMAs, you know that I’ve been rocking KISS nails for recent special events. They’re fast, easy, comfortable and actually look great. Celebrity manicurist Gina Edwards knows what’s up, and used KISS products for the Daniel Silverstain show during fashion week to a create futuristic, yet wearable, mirrored nail design. The design is simple and stylish, and you can recreate it at home in no time.
The best part about working with glue-on or press-on nails is that you can decorate them before they’re on your hands, so you have more control.
What Gina Used:
- KISS Short Square Full Cover Nails ($4.99)
- KISS Salon Secrets Nail Art Starter Kit ($9.99)
- KISS Gel Strong Polish ($3.99, exclusive at Kmart)
- Paint a coat of nail polish in a primary color onto the nail tips, then let dry.
- Using silver foil tape from the KISS Salon Secrets Nail Art Starter Kit (or any silver striping tape you have at home), layer vertically down the nail, leaving one brush stroke of color exposed on the side of the nail that faces outward, towards the pinky.
- Cut off the excess foil tape and seal with top coat polish.
- Apply tips to nails, using either nail glue or adhesive tabs.
Drugstore glue-on nails have come a long way since I wore them in elementary school. As someone who inevitably smudges my tips every time I put effort into my manicure, they are a no-muss-no-fuss way to feel polished– and they last! When applied correctly, KISS nails usually last me around a week.
Love this nail look? Don’t forget to pin it! 🙂