Hi everyone! We’re only a few weeks away from Halloween now and I’ve created this super easy & fun mermaid makeup look! I like coming up with costume ideas that don’t cost a lot of money (obviously). You could create a mermaid costume from things you have at home, such as a maxi skirt and a bikini top. You could probably find seashell scrapbook stickers at a craft store which would add lovely touch too!
The secret to the mermaid makeup is the use of fishnets to create the scales effect around your face, neck, and wherever else you’d like to showcase them! I kept the scales pretty conservative but you could amp up this look and add them all over!
- BHCosmetics 120 Color Palette (2nd Edition)
- Hard Candy Hot Smudge Cream Eyeliner in Rebel (discontinued, similar)
- Hard Candy Take Me Out Liner in Bamboo (discontinued, similar)
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara
- Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation in Natural Beige
- wet n wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in Techno
- e.l.f. Essential Shadow Lock Primer
- Avon Eyeshadow Quad in Caribbean Sunset
- Cover FX Protection Primer
- Cover FX Illuminator in Sunlight
- Maybelline Fit Me! Bronzer
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in Mellow Wine
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish
- Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray
On to the tutorial!
This is very cool 🙂 LOVE IT
Miranda | SlashedBeauty.com
Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries
This is adorable. You are so cute.
Great make-up. Good for men too, eh? Now all I need is a merman costume.
Gosh you are so talented! This is such a great idea/post!
Lisa Marie Heath
Super cute! I have a couple friends who I need to share this with!
This is so pretty! Great job!
Love this!! Especially the brows, so fun! My best friend is being a mermaid and I’m definitely going to do the fishnet trick.. Maybe some glitter too! Can’t ever go wrong with glitter;)
I agree, glitter is perfect for this look! I’m just so clumsy with glitter and pigments that it will always end up all over my face so I try to avoid them. Going heavier on highlighter would work as well for a glistening effect!
Pretty and colourful. 🙂
Sheila (Painted Ladies)
That’s super creative! Good job!
Brooke @ Blushing Noir
This is so colorful! Love it!