This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I am a huge fan of undercut hairstyles. They’re so edgy and fun, but I am way too chicken to actually shave my head. Last week, I was playing around with my hair while trying to create easy new looks after picking up some new hair tools from Walmart. I ended up with a faux undercut style that I was really digging. After I posted a photo to Instagram, I got so many requests to do a tutorial on it!
This hairstyle is super easy to achieve and is great to wear for a night out or just as an every day look. Read on for the tutorial!
What You Need:
1. Blow Dryer: Since the undercut hairstyle requires a deep part, it’s easiest to start out with damp hair and blow dry your hair in the direction you want it to lay. I recently picked up the Conair InfinitiPRO 3Q Hair Dryer which works so well with my thick hair. It makes drying quick and easy and leaves my hair smooth, which is essential for this style.
2. Round Brush: This helps add volume to the hair while blow drying, and leaves it looking shiny.
3. Curling Iron: A one inch iron will work for this style, but I specifically used the Conair Curl Secret. I have to say that I was surprised how pretty the curls came out after using this for the first time. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to curl all of my hair and they last for hours.
4. Comb: This helps section the hair and smooth it down.
5. Bobby Pins: You’ll need at least two for this hairstyle.
1. Starting off with damp hair, create a deep side part and blow dry your hair in the direction you want it to lay in.
2. Curl your entire head of hair. I started about three inches away from the part in both directions.
3. Section off the part of your hair that you’ll be pinning back. Comb it back tightly.
4. Secure the hair behind your ear using bobby pins. I only needed two, and created an X shape.
5. Tousle your hair forward to cover the pins.
6. Finger comb through your curls to give them a more natural look. You’re done!
This is my new go-to for nights out with friends. It doesn’t take me very long to do, and it’s easy to restyle the next day as loose waves.
You can find both the Conair Curl Secret and Pro 3Q hair dryer at Walmart… these would be amazing gifts this season for anyone who appreciates fun & effective hair tools. They’re both in the hair section of the beauty aisle: