Liquid liner is my weapon of choice, all day every day. A good dark black winged liner is my signature and honestly just makes me feel like myself! I’ve tried just about a bazillion liquid liners from both the drugstore and high end brands, but my five favorites are totally budget-friendly. These five picks have my vote for the best drugstore liquid liners out there right now.
1. NYX Matte Liquid Liner ($6.99) This is my all-time favorite. It out-performs hella expensive liners and looks amazing both in person and in photos. The matte finish makes for a super rich black appearance that does not budge throughout the day. No flaking, no smudging, no fading, period. The ultra fine brush tip also offers incredible control, allowing for precise application… and perfect cat eyes!
2. L’Oreal Voluminous Liner Noir Liquid Eyeliner ($9.99) I’m usually not the biggest fan of felt-tip eyeliner pens, but this one isn’t to be written off. The Voluminous Liner has a tapered tip that can draw both thick and thin lines easily and deposits a good amount of product onto the lid. The formula is very black and I don’t experience any smudging during the day.
3. e.l.f. Precision Liquid Liner ($3) The best bang for your buck, this e.l.f. liner has the thin brush tip that I love— though a teensy bit less tapered than the NYX liner. Another great one for wings on point, this affordable liner is totally opaque in one swipe.
4. Jesse’s Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($6.99) An awesome waterproof option for when you need to be ready for anything, this pen has a tapered brush that’s a bit easier to hold than the wand format. I can confirm that this is a pretty close dupe of the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in both packaging and formula, though this can tend to flake if you layer too much.
5. Pixi Lash Line Ink ($13.99) In the blogging community, it seems like everyone loves or hates this liner. Personally, this is another one with a felt tip that I actually enjoy, since I’ve used countless times and there is still no fraying to be seen. The one thing is, this NEEDS to be worn over primer and shadow to get the strong black to apply evenly and stay put.