Post sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are 100% my own.
Back in December, I got a much-needed hair cut to chop off my dead ends and get it back to being healthy. My hair has had its dull moments over the years, thanks to daily heat styling and dramatic color changes. So as I’ve gotten older and wiser, I’m trying to really take care of it by using the right products.
For now, I’ve been keeping my hair a little past collar bone length, since it’s a lot easier for me to take care of properly this way. But, having shorter hair has its limitations, especially for styling.
One of my go-to looks is loose, tousled waves that look a little undone, but give my hair shape and style. Long lasting, casual waves are actually pretty simple to get with just a 1 1/2” standard curling iron with a clever trick I learned years ago.
The prep for this style includes making sure you have soft, manageable hair. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I was on set with TRESemme about a month ago filming a few hair tutorials for them. While I was there, they introduced me to their new BOTANIQUE line. The new line is free of dyes, parabens and silicones, making it a great way to green your hair routine on a budget while giving your hair the care it needs. The new BOTANIQUE Nourish & Replenish products are infused with coconut milk and aloe vera for a weightless hydrated feel and the nourishment your hair needs to be ready for any style.
- Because I have naturally frizzy hair, I start out by flat ironing my entire head of hair (which is why it’s so important your hair is properly replenished ahead of time!)
- After parting the hair, take a 2-inch section of hair off the top and place it through the clamp of the iron.
- Wrap the hair towards your head once, pulling it downwards, tight against the barrel of the curling iron. Keep it there for about ten seconds, then wiggle the curling iron out of the loop.
- Now, clamp the curling iron right under the curl you just made, wrap the rest of the strand over the barrel, pulling downward. Let sit until curled. Keep doing this all the way down until you reach your ends.
- Repeat around the head on all visible hair on the top few layers.
- Go in and spot-curl any straight pieces sticking out underneath the top layers. Feel free to curl this as you normally would.
- Top off with the TRESemme BOTANIQUE Nourish & Replenish Hydrating Mist to keep it looking healthy and shiny while putting a little bit of moisture back. Comb your fingers through the waves to get them to loosen up if desired.
If you have a Meijer near you, I’ve seen some great TRESemme digital coupons you can use on these new products to replicate this style, so keep an eye out when you plan on shopping! If you can’t find coupons, no worries— I’m giving away a $50 Meijer Gift Card so you can pick up the BOTANIQUE products yourself. To enter, retweet the tweet below and reply telling me what your go-to hairstyle has been this year so far. Be sure to include the hashtag #MeijerNewLook, too!
— Miranda Mendoza (@SlashedBeauty) February 22, 2016