Sponsored post by Mirum. All opinions are my own.
Even though Summer is coming to a close soon, festival season isn’t quite over. In fact, there are two music festivals here in Vegas happening next week alone— Life is Beautiful and iHeartRadio, which both have killer lineups! Ya’ll know I’ve been on a braiding kick lately, so I’m here with one last festival hairstyle for you to wear to finish off a fun summer in style.
This is one of my favorite braided hairstyles to wear for an edgy look. The braids give a faux side shave look, wearing the rest of my hair down to show off my latest festival hair color. Since it’s cooling off a bit, I can get away with wearing most of my hair down but the braids to help keep some hair out of my face while I’m dancing to my favorite artists.
Speaking of festival hair color, if you’re rocking a bold shade you’ll want to keep it vibrant all weekend! Since I’ve colored my hair purple, washing my hair is even more of a drag because it fades my color with each rinse. But if you choose the right products, you can help maintain your color better so that it’s ready to show off in all your Instagram photos of the festival. I’ve been sharing some of my fave color maintenance products recently, and here’s a new drugstore option for ya: the Dove Nutritive Solutions Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner!
This system was especially created for color-treated hair, and helps keep your color vibrant for up to 40 washes! It gently cleanses while nourishing and smoothing for a gorgeous shiny finish. Just in time for the end of festival season, you can grab these and other hair must-haves from CVS on sale and get rewarded! Spend $15 on participating TRESemme, Suave, Dove and Nexxus Hair Care products and receive $5 extra bucks rewards from 9/9-9/15. (Offers valid 9/9-9/15. ExtraBucks® Rewards offer limit of ONE (1) per household with card.)
Keep reading for the braided hair tutorial, and have fun at your upcoming festival!
- Create an extremely deep side part— about an inch and a half up from your ear. Clip the rest of your hair aside and out of the way.
- Start a dutch-style braid with the hair under the part. This is like french braiding, where you incorporate more hair as you go, but you’re pulling the strands under the middle instead of over. Try to keep the braid parallel to the part, then tie off with an elastic once you get to where your head starts curving back.
- Create another side part about an inch away from the first one, and repeat step 2.
- Use bobby pins to secure the elastics close to the scalp.
- Comb the back half of your hair back to fall over the elastics. Use Dove Style + Care Compressed Extra Hold Hairspray to keep everything in place without the stiffness. This can is skinny and lightweight, so you can even throw it in your backpack for touchups.
Whether or not you’re headed to a music festival, be sure to stock up on your favorites from TRESemme, Suave, Dove and Nexxus Hair at CVS during the promotion. See what’s new on their site.