I’ll admit: I’m not a fan of gore at all. It’s one aspect that keeps me from watching horror movies, and I don’t think I’ve ever incorporated it into a Halloween look. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone this year and create a more spooky Halloween makeup tutorial to please the beauty queens and the gore lovers alike.
This transitioning zombie makeup look was a perfect compromise for me— I got to channel my glam side while also really getting into the Halloween spirit with the corpse face that is revealing itself under “peeling” skin. It also sort of looks like I’ve been clawing at my face… maybe out of pain, or maybe in an attempt to stop the spread of my transition!
I had never worked with liquid latex or any type of FX makeup before this look, and I was pleased with how easy this was to create. I used almost all drugstore makeup products for the glam face, and Halloween makeup products that are very easy to find wherever costumes are sold for the zombie side.
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE FOR THE FULL TUTORIAL
- Covergirl Outlast All Day Primer
- Covergirl Clean Liquid Foundation
- Chella Tantalizing Taupe Eyebrow Pencil
- NYX Eyeshadow Base
- Covergirl TruNaked Roses Palette
- Milani Supreme Kohl Kajal Liner
- NYX Matte Liquid Liner
- City Color Cosmetics Contour Effects 2 Palette
- Milani Romantic Rose Powder Blush
- Cover FX Perfect Pencil
- Liquid Latex
- Grey Face Paint
- Coagulated Blood Gel
- Coastal Scents Hot Pots in Vibrant Red, Violetta, and Incognito
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi
- ColourPop Lippie Stix in Wet
I would totally wear this look to a Halloween party, paired with a tattered outfit as if you’ve been attacked by zombies. Either find something to shred up at the thrift store, or take scissors to an old shirt you don’t wear anymore. You can also use the fake blood to splatter on the outfit to help get into character.