I won’t try to front: I don’t put a lot of effort into my hair on a daily basis. But, now that my hair has grown out a bit, I’ve been inspired to try out some new fall hairstyles this season. My social calendar has been filling up more than ever, I have a reason to look more polished and wear styles a little more interesting than a top bun.
These two hairstyles are incredibly easy but make it look like you totally know what you’re doing and come out super polished for either day time or date night. I think they’re perfect for fall because they keep your hair out of your face, which comes in handy during windy months.
Watch the video above for the full step-by-step hair tutorials
The Layered Pony
- Section the front sections of the hair and use pins or elastics to keep them separated.
- Pull the remaining hair into a low ponytail.
- Re-section the front hair into halves on each side.
- Pull the front section on one side diagonally towards the opposite side at the back of your head. Pin with a bobby pin.
- Repeat with the other front section on the other side.
- Take one of the remaining sections, pulling to the back diagonally and wrapping around your ponytail. Pin underneath the ponytail.
- Repeat with your final front section.
- Pin any loose sections underneath the pony tail and hide visible bobby pins.
- Use hair gel to smooth down the front and top of the hair for a sleek look.
The French Knot Half Up-Do
- Take two 1 1/2″ sections from the front and tie them in a standard knot at the back of your head.
- Hold on to the knot while holding more hair from the front into the existing sections on either side (similar to french braiding).
- Create another knot with the now larger sections.
- Pin the knot down.
- Add some loose curls if desired.
One way I make sure my hair looks fresh during fall is by using products that keep it smooth, strong and moisturized. I prepped for these styles using Aussie’s Total Miracle 7N1 Shampoo & Conditioner and enhanced hold with their Instant Freeze Gel. Check out the awesome discounts you can get on their products through Amazon!