With fall in full swing and the holidays quickly approaching (at least according to department store displays), it was obviously time to add a new palette to my collection. I love going for bold eyes this season, since I kept my summer makeup pretty neutral. The palette I’ve been reaching for the most to achieve my sultry looks has been the Crown Brush Smoke It Out palette.
The Smoke It Out palette comes with 36 shadows with mostly matte and satin finishes. Most of the eyeshadows are extremely buttery soft and easy to blend. The satin finishes are my favorite to play with from this palette because they are so gosh darn pigmented. While swatching, I did notice that the matte colors tend to be powdery and sheer out, which is a bummer. However, with a great balance between neutral and bold colors, this is a great all-in-one palette to achieve any type of smokey eye.
Row 1 (Left to Right):
- Peachy beige with satin finish
- Deep taupe with satin finish
- Matte yellow
- Pastel green with satin finish
- Matte lilac
- Baby pink with satin finish
- Buff with gold shimmer particles
- Reddish copper with satin finish
- Matte blue-green
- Mossy green with satin finish
- Matte lilac
- Matte violet
- Golden orange with satin finish
- Redwood brown with gold shimmer particles
- Matte forest green
- Matte blackish brown
- Matte indigo
- Mauve Plum with satin finish
- Matte white
- Silver with satin finish
- Electric blue with satin finish
- Sky blue with satin finish
- Bubblegum pink with satin finish
- Pale pink with satin finish
- Silvery taupe with satin finish
- Charcoal gray with satin finish
- Navy blue with satin finish
- Silver blue duochrome with satin finish
- Matte barbie pink
- Matte magenta
- Silvery black with satin finish
- Matte black
- Matte blue
- Icy blue with satin finish
- Matte fuchsia
- Dark chocolate with gold shimmer particles
As you can see from the swatches, the mattes are the weaker colors in this palette. In my opinion the satins make up for that with their super pigmented and smooth application. My favorite color in the entire palette is the last color in row 3. This is definitely going to be traveling with me during the holidays; the palette is very thin and portable.
The Smoke It Out palette regularly costs $18.95, but is on sale for $13.25 until 11/15 on the Crown Brush website!
Have you tried any eyeshadows from Crown Brush? What is your favorite shadow from the Smoke It Out palette?
This product was received from PR for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own.