When I was younger, my mom would always tell me that the styles I thought were “so cool” originated from when she was in high school! Well, I guess it’s true that fashion and beauty trends always make a comeback– as seen in this year’s popularity of the retro makeup look!
Today, I’m showing you a modern twist on a retro eye look: the classic cut crease and cat eye.
Watch the Tutorial:
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara in Extreme Black
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Thick & Thin Eyeliner in Black
- Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Paint in Golden Bronze
- Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Paint in Rich Russet
- Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Paint in Mercury Silver
- Scandalayes Eye Shadow Stick in Blackmail
- Scandalayes Eye Shadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige
- Scandalayes Eye Shadow Stick in Witness White
You can see other tips, tutorials, and recreate your own retro look to win prizes on Rimmel’s website!
Are you picking up on the recurring trends? I think it’s funny when you watch old movies that are supposed to be set in the 2000’s. According to them, we’re supposed to look all space age-y with chrome outfits! It’s ironic that we always go back to our favorite looks of the past.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Rimmel London through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Rimmel London, all opinions are my own.