One of my very favorite holidays is just a few days away: New Year’s! It’s an awesome excuse to hang out with friends, reminisce and set new goals, wiping the slate clean. Of course, it also gives me a chance to get all dolled up, even if I’m staying in with friends.
This year, it’s all about the smokey eye for my New Year’s Eve makeup look. A little hint of purple, a touch of gold and a whole lot of drama.
This look is mostly done with drugstore or affordable products, including the brushes. I used several from the Ecotools holiday gift sets, which you should still be able to find in drugstores! Maybe you’ll even spot them on sale… if you do, grab them!!
I did sneak in some more expensive goodies to finish off my face. I’ve recently been using Make Up For Ever and Pur Minerals in my routine because they’re super kind to my dry and irritated skin lately. If you’ve got gift cards left over from the holidays, I would definitely suggest looking into these.
Watch the full tutorial below!
- Ecotools Mini Essentials Holiday Set
- Ecotools Four-Piece Beautiful Complexion Set
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Dramatic Black
- Hard Candy Shadow Spheres Palette in Nudes n Roses
- Coastal Scents Pigment in Coral Refined
- City Color Cosmetics Precision Liner in Gold
- Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 Primer
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation
- Pur Minerals Cameo Contour Stick
- City Color Cosmetics Cheek Stain in Strawberry Sorbet
- LA Colors High Shine Shea Butter Lipgloss in Mingle