At my University, graduation commencements just ended last week. A few of my good friends threw their caps, and now eagerly await joining the real word; you know what that means: finding a job!
Landing a job in L.A. is rough, but a great first impression can speak volumes. The way your makeup looks absolutely plays into your interviewer’s perception of you. You want to look polished and put together, ready to take on anything they throw at you.
With the help of Mary Kay, I’m going to show you a pretty job interview makeup look that’s professional yet fun. I played up the eyes, which I personally think is the key to interview makeup. Your eyes show that you’re engaged and interested, and you don’t want anything else distracting from them. With that being said, you want to enhance— not drown them in anything too heavy. I used a neutral green shadow to make my brown eyes really pop.
Watch the tutorial:
- Mary Kay Timewise Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation in Beige 3
- Mary Kay Brow Definer Pencil in Soft Black
- Mary Kay Concealer in Beige 2
- Mary Kay at Play Baked Eye Trio in Earth Bound
- Mary Kay Eyeliner in Black
- Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara
- Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Cinnamon Stick & Shy Blush
- Mary Kay Nourishine Plus Lip Gloss in Cafe Au Lait
- Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray
Now, I don’t want to toot my own horn here, but I’ve landed six out of eight job interviews I’ve been on in my entire life. Of course, I can’t attribute that solely to my makeup, but it had to play a part, right? 🙂 Being made up can at least give you a little boost of confidence and make you feel more put together, ready to face anything! And again, don’t go overboard. You don’t want to distract, you want to shine!
Congrats and good luck to all new grads and job seekers out there.