When I buy a single makeup product, I’m very conscious of the cost and value. However when it comes to my entire makeup routine, I’ve never thought about how much money was spent total to accomplish my day-to-day look!
Today I’m bringing you a tag post: “How Much Is Your Face Worth?” I’m going to go through one of my most common looks I’ve been sporting this fall and total up how much money it costs to purchase all of the products. I’ve chosen not to include tools such as brushes or my eyelash curler just because those tend to outlast makeup products tenfold, and I don’t purchase tools as often. Since prices vary, I’m going to take the median full-price of each item, according to Google.
My recent day-to-day makeup consists of:
- Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation – $9
- NYC Best of Broadway Eyeshadow (I only use the darkest color for my eyebrows daily) – $4
- e.l.f. Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Mascara – $1
- e.l.f. Eyelid Primer – $1
- Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad – $7
- NYC Liquid Eyeliner – $2
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara – $7
- Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer – $6
- wet n wild coloricon Blusher – $3
- e.l.f. Baked Highlighter – $3
- Maybelline Color Elixir – $9
Wow! That actually wasn’t as much as I thought it was going to be! *sigh of relief* Some of these items I also got on sale which would bring the total down by a lot (for example, I got the Avon quad for $1.99 because of a sale). Of course, I’m not using up $52 worth of product for every application; most of these products can last months.
I encourage everyone to do this tag, because I think it might open some eyes to how much money is spent on even the most basic of looks. Maybe it will even inspire you to budget and explore affordable brands!
How much do you think your face is worth?