At this point in the year, I am always on the run. Finals are approaching in school, I’ve got a ton of projects at work, and of course keeping up with the beauty world. When I do find down time, I like immersing myself in a good book. Currently, I’m reading Deep Blue, Jennifer Donnelly’s new mermaid tale. I’m a sucker for a good fantasy novel.
The main character, Serafina, is on a quest to save her Mer nation. The princess is constantly moving and on the run, sort of like how I feel (except I’m not being chased by bad guys…)! I was inspired by her adventure and created a quick mermaid braid hair tutorial. It’s a shortcut french braid, only weaving in new hair every few notches– perfect for mornings when I need to get up and go, just like Serafina!
- Take a top section of hair and start a normal braid.
- After a couple notches, bring in hair from the left and right sides and incorporate it into the braid.
- Braid normally for another three notches, then add hair again. Repeat this pattern until you reach the nape of your neck.
- Split the remaining hair into three sections and finish with a normal braid.
- Pancake the braid by tugging for a loose, mermaid-like appearance.
If you like a good adventure, check out Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly, which releases on May 6th!