My eyebrows have gone through some funky phases. I only started paying attention to them in the past couple of years, and they’ve assumed many shapes… not all flattering. Depending on the products I used, sometimes they’d look too thick, flat, stiff… you get the picture. Luckily, I’ve found a couple drugstore products and a simple technique that help me easily achieve beautiful brows on a budget. Keep reading to discover how to fill in your eyebrows with six simple steps and two affordable products.
- Jordana Fabu-Brow Eyebrow Pencil $5
This is my favorite brow pencil I have ever tried. It allows you to create precise lines while shading evenly, making for your-brows-but-better eyebrows. The little brush on the end is really convenient for helping shape and comb your brows. I use the shade Dark Brown.
- e.l.f. Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara $1
This product doubles as a brow gel and clear mascara, although I usually just use both sides as brow gel. I love that the formula keeps brow hairs in place without making them feel or look stiff.
- Create the front edge of your eyebrow by starting at the bottom inner corner and drawing a line upwards.
- Tracing the bottom of your brow, outline all the way into the arch.
- Use a lighter hand when lining the tail of your brow.
- Shade in your brow, working your way up to the top of your eyebrow.
- Brush through the hairs, evening out the color towards the top and tail. You can drag the brush horizontally to make for a more clear outline on the top.
- Comb the Wet Gloss through your eyebrows to keep them in place all day.
For some, these eyebrows may be on the bold side. I suggest playing around with the steps to adjust for your own face and taste. This has been the style that I feel suits my face best, and others have mistaken them to be done with various high-end brow products. Who’d have thought it only costs me $6 every few months?
What’s the secret to your beautiful brows?