When a holiday has a specific color scheme used to celebrate, ya’ll know I have to translate it into a look! With 4th of July, or Independence Day, just a week away, I wanted to create a new red white and blue makeup tutorial.
Since I don’t have any patriotic clothes, makeup is my favorite way to dress up for 4th of July parties. A couple years ago I shared a more subtle (but still glittery!) 4th of July makeup look, but this time around I wanted to do something a little bolder that will make a statement.
This 4th of July Makeup involves a lot more glitter to shimmer as much as a firework! This cut crease may seem difficult, but it’s rather straightforward and easy to recreate at home with a little concealer.
Watch the video above for the 4th of July Makeup Tutorial.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation
- CoverGirl Easy Breezy Brow Micro-Fine + Define Pencil
- Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Palette
- Milani Powder Rose Blush in Tea Rose
- L’Oreal Lumi Glow Amour Glow Boosting Drops in Daybreak
- NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
- Wet n Wild ColorIcon Shadow in Brulee
- Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Vibrant Red
- CoverGirl Outlast All Day Concealer
- NYX Glitter Primer
- NYX Shimmer Down Pigment in Platinum
- NYX Face & Body Glitter in Blue
- e.l.f. Waterproof Metallic Liner Pencil in Blue Moon
- Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner
- Covergirl Flourish by Lash Blast Mascara
- AOA Natalia Lashes
- NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick in Kitten Heels
Of course it wouldn’t be a 4th of July makeup look without topping it off with red lipstick! Even if you decide to keep things neutral on the eyes, a good red lip will channel your inner patriotic pin-up.
This Independence Day, Adam and I are actually going to be kayaking with friends. We’re bringing a cooler of beverages and food to picnic with, and we’ll be swimming as well. So while I won’t be as dolled up as this on America’s actual birthday, I can at least celebrate in my own glam way a little early.