This is the first year in a while that I’ve decided to actually write out resolutions. I realize that writing them out helps keep me accountable, and further inspires me to stick with them. I have a few resolutions that pertain to beauty, and thought I would share them, and hopefully you can share yours with me as well!
1. Keep my makeup collection more organized. I’ve recently switched up my makeup storage (more on that later), and I want to make sure that everything has a place.
2. Be more diligent about washing my brushes. I have to admit, I’ve slacked on making it a point to wash my brushes at least once a week. Since my skin has been acting up lately, I really want to be sure it’s not because I’m brushing old sebum back onto my face (gag). So I will be sure to set aside a specific day to wash my brushes every week.
3. Finish beauty products before buying more. When I got new makeup storage, I ended up throwing out a lot of products that were lightly used but way past their prime. It’s not even that I didn’t like the makeup! Some of them were high-end products that I didn’t want to use up too quickly (and so… they expired with a lot of product still left… brilliant, Miranda.) If I own a product, I’m gonna use it, dammit!
4. Do more DIY beauty projects. Do it yourself projects are not only fun, but can also save you a lot of money on beauty products, storage, and tools alike! I’d love to bring you guys more DIY beauty posts and videos!
5. Step out of my comfort zone. I’ve been riding the neutrals train for a while now, even though I used to pull such bold eyeshadow looks back in high school! My recent BFTE purchase has inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and start experimenting with more creative and bold looks this year. Even if I don’t wear them out in public, I want to expand my makeup “repertoire” I suppose you could say!
2013 has actually been a very fruitful year for me. I started working at a job I love, I have committed myself to this blog and have grown it exponentially, and I finished the school semester strong with a 4.0! I can only hope 2014 treats me as well, and you too!
What are some of your resolutions for the new year, beauty or otherwise?